Monday, January 28, 2008

Nose to the Grindstone

Let me explain....Bob and I went to a fund raiser at a neighboring town on Saturday and as we were leaving and walking down the dark sidewalk, I managed to hit a patch of ice. Since it was
chilly out I had put my hands in my pockets of my jacket. So when I fell I first went to my knees and then forward, landing right on my face. It was as if in slow motion and I remember thinking as my face made contact with the cold concrete, " Oh, man! This is going to leave a mark!" The picture is the result of face to concrete contact...ouch!
Bob, being a man of few words and a clever sense of humor told me the next day that I really know how to put my nose to the grindstone...HA, HA, HA!
Anyway, I don't think the nose is broken although it hurts pretty bad and feels like I have sinus headache and need to sneeze all the time. I'm sure the wound will heal soon(probably faster than my pride) and I will remember the advice of my maternal grandfather who always warned his kids not to walk with their hands in their pockets on ice!
No new news regarding the Amazon.com contest. Reviews are being posted and I thank those of you who have taken the time to do so. Be sure to click on my site (to the right...VOTE HERE) and read through the reviews and comments if you are able.

No comments: