Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Amazon Update - Keeping things in perspective

I'm not in this cut to 100. When I saw that "The Scrapbook" was not listed in the 100 it was really okay. I have determined that God has a plan for this little book and I am going to trust Him with it. It was discouraging to see that Penguin Group did not select one single entry from the Romance Genre...but I guess that is their choice. However, there are many wonderful and incredible excerpts that were chosen and I look forward to reviewing them and encouraging my fellow writers onward and upward toward the goal!

Yesterday was also the day of my sweet Aunt Iris' funeral so that is where all my love and concern were directed. She was an amazing woman. Her granddaughter, Lissa, gave the most amazing eulogy which related wonderfully to the Bible Study I worked on as I rode in the truck on the way to Papillion. This part of the study was from the words of Christ on the cross when he said, "I am thirsty". Here is what I wrote in my journal:

The Pretend Spigot

While attending my aunt's funeral, one of the humorous things they mentioned about her was when the family would travel in the car and one of the kids would complain that they were thirsty. She would reach over to the dash of the car to her "pretend spigot" and with her "pretend glass" proceed to fill it and hand it to the complaining child.

I wondered if this was her way of showing them how silly and inappropriate their request was at the moment. It just wasn't the right place for such a request. Perhaps it made the child laugh. Perhaps it made them angry, but it proved a point which was the fact that sometimes our thirst can not be immediately granted or satisfied.

All of us thirst for many different things. Often we try to satisfy that thirst with things of the world. Ultimately our greatest thirst should be that of the knowledge of Christ and His will for our lives so we are able to share that knowledge with others and lead them to Christ.

Our thirst for Christ takes effort but just as the effort the child showed stating their need while in the car, sometimes we need to be in the right place in our life before Christ comes in and quenches our thirst.

It is times like this that I know I worship a living and loving God.

No comments: