Friday, November 14, 2008

To write or not to write...

I haven't felt much like a "writer" lately. So many other things pulling at my time...responsibilities...procrastination. I want to, but I don't. I need to just make the time and take the time to write again because I enjoy it so much when I do. The problem is there are so many other things I do which I enjoy...playing with grandkids, being with my husband, spending time with my daughter, helping others , church, and my art. Plus I just finished working another part-time job that took place on weekends. It will start up again in January so maybe I'll squeeze in some free time again to do a little writing.
I am pretty excited that I finished all the Relay for Life sketches. It was awesome to send off those last ones. I don't know if I will do that again this year although I do enjoy doing them and it did motivate me to do some art of some kind.
My granddaughter, Charli and I made an angel together out of air dry clay which will be auctioned this weekend at the Angels Among Us dinner in Omaha. The wings were made from cut-outs of her actual hand prints and she helped roll the ball head and add the sparkles. Here's a couple pictures of it:



It was so much fun working on this with her. And I've already informed Grandpa that he will have to bid on it and buy it for me so that I will have it to give to Charli one day.
Well, that's all for now, but I will try to post again soon.

No comments: